Emergency Electrician: When to Give One a Call

Written by Lillian Connors
23
Aug

If you feel worried about your home’s electrical safety at any point, you should contact your emergency electrician. Your home safety and security are a priority so it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Even if you try hard to cut costs and as a hands-on homeowner you do most of the work around the house, electrical issues aren0t something that should be taken lightly. You might be able to take care of smaller electrical bugs and change light bulbs, but when it comes to strange buzzing sounds, power loss, burning smells and marks, it’s time to call in the professionals!

Unusual sounds

Unusual buzzing sounds aren’t a big problem if they happen only once in a while, but frequent funny noises could indicate there are more issues in question. Electrical appliances aren’t designed to make funny humming sounds so if they start to it means there’s a problem – it could be a wiring problem, a problem in the circuit breaker with a faulty breaker failing to trip or the sound frequency in the system has exceeded the standard power. All of this could pose a serious threat to your home so it needs to be handled immediately.

Power loss

There could be many reasons for the power loss ranging from a storm to a faraway accident. When it happens, contact your electrical provider to find out if they know the cause but if they’re clueless, the problem is probably in your house.

The first place to check is the circuit breaker which is designed to protect the whole electrical system and ensure its smooth operation, but it’s not immune to damage itself. In case of an overload, a circuit breaker will trip and if this happens often, it’s a clear sign that somewhere in your home, there’s a current generation much higher than originally rated. This is a hazard as it can cause damage to your appliances and start a fire. As circuit breakers are complicated in design, you should temper with them but rather contact genuine pros, as this Brisbane emergency electrician, who can offer different emergency services and handle all the issue safely and professionally.

Burning smells

The burning smell is a serious issue but it’s often hard to determine its source. It resembles the smell of burning plastic and it indicates that there’s damaged wiring somewhere. The biggest danger here is that often it’s a short period from a burning smell to an electrical fire.

The source could be the air ducts and ventilation so make sure you check that first and shut off the area. Your next move is to call your emergency electrician right away.

Burn marks around the outlets

Burn marks around your in-home outlets is a dangerous issue that was most likely caused by overloading and overheating. The smallest sign of burning or smoke is a clear indication of a fire safety hazard and must not be ignored.

Most typically the underlying causes are excessive heat build-up in the outlets that are old and damaged, too many appliances plugged into a single outlet or faulty wiring inside the outlet. Whatever the reason may be, it’s a sure sign you need to contact your emergency electrician.

Since your home can’t function without electricity and the electrical wiring runs through your entire home, tempering with it or ignoring warning sign is equivalent to playing with fire. The best thing you can do is to acknowledge the problem if and when it appears and immediately contact an expert. Negligence on your part can lead to serious repercussions that can seriously damage your property and put your family in danger. Stay on the safe side and your home will be a danger-free zone.